Cookies and navigation data
Technical cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of a website and to allow user navigation; without them, the user may not be able to view the pages correctly or use some services.
Profiling cookies have the task of creating user profiles to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing.
Cookies can also be classified as:
- “session” cookies, which are deleted immediately when the browser is closed.
- “persistent” cookies, which remain within the browser for a certain period. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to a site, facilitating authentication operations for the user.
- “own” cookies generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing.
- “third party” cookies, generated and managed by parties other than the operator of the website on which the user is browsing.
Cookies used on the site
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- Session and persisten “own cookies”, necessary to allow navigation on the Site, for internal security and system administration purposes;
- Session and persisten “third-party cookies”, necessary to allow the user to use multimedia elements on the Site, such as images and videos;
- persistent “third-party cookies” used by the Site to send statistical information to the Google Analytics system, through which SMA S.r.l. can perform statistical analysis of accesses / visits to the Site. The cookies used only pursue statistical purposes and collect information in aggregate form. Through a pair of cookies, one of which is persistent and the other of session (expiring when the browser is closed), Google Analytics also saves a register with the start times of the visit to the Site and exit from it. You can prevent Google from collecting data through cookies, and subsequent data processing, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in from the following address: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it
- persistent “third-party” cookies used by the Site to include the buttons of some social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Google+) on its pages. By selecting one of these buttons, the user can publish the contents, of the site page he is visiting, on his personal page of the related social network.
Disabling cookies in browsers
In this section, enter disabling modality for cookies of the following browsers: Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera – data available on Google.